Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Country-related cooperation programme with Argentina (ALEARG) • DAAD
Students, graduates, doctoral candidates and postdocs receive a scholarship to complete a study or research stay or a Master's, postgraduate or doctoral degree in Germany.
Who can apply?
- 26 in the case of students of engineering
- 36 in all other cases
What is supported?
- Advanced students of engineering who are in their last year of studies complete a study year with a practical relevance in Germany
- Graduates complete a Master's or postgraduate course of study
- Doctoral candidates take part in a study visit to Germany as part of their doctoral studies
- Postdocs complete a research visit
Duration of funding
- Students of engineering complete a one-year, non-extendable study visit consisting of one semester of studies at a university plus a 4 to 6-month internship with a German company. Alternatively, students can complete a second semester at university with an application-oriented research project.
- Graduates may apply for a Master's or postgraduate course at a German university of up to two years
- Doctoral candidates at a university in Argentina complete
a) a doctoral stay of up to two years, or
b) receive a short-term 2 to 6-month doctoral scholarship for Germany
- Postdocs who finished their doctoral studies no longer than 3 years previously complete a
a) 1 to 2-year or
b) 2 to 6-month research visit to Germany
- Preparatory German course in Argentina for scholarship holders from the humanities, economics and law as well as related subjects (DAAD)
- Intensive German language course (including accommodation and pocket money) for up to 6 months. Exception for scholarship holders according to Model 2a), who do not take a language course and Model 1), who take a 2-month language course (DAAD)
- Travel allowance for outward and return journey (DAAD)
- Basic monthly payments
of 500 euros for scholarship holders according to Model 1)
of 650 euros for scholarship holders according to Model 2)
of 700 euros for scholarship holders according to Models 3) and 4), after the language course (MinEd)
- Monthly top-up payments
of 250 euros for scholarship holders according to Model 1)
of 200 euros for scholarship holders according to Model 2)
of 500 euros for scholarship holders according to Model 3) (DAAD)
- Medical, accident and personal liability insurance (DAAD) and, if applicable, accompanying spouse and children (DAAD)
- Initial study and research allowance for scholarship holders according to model 1), 2), 3a), 4a) (DAAD)
- If applicable, allowance for spouse and children according to the DAAD guidelines for scholarship holders according to Model 2), 3a), 4a) (DAAD)
- Rent subsidy according to the DAAD guidelines for scholarship holders according to Model 2), 3a), 4a) (DAAD)
- Above-average academic achievements
- Quality of doctoral or research project